Friday 17 February 2012

Baradene college
Friday 17th Feb. Went into school with Tanya today. She teaches at Baradene School which is a Catholic girls school. She had three classes, 2 year 11 classes and one year 10. The year 11s were learning about Juno as part of their film assessment for English. The first class were going over a work sheet making sure they had all the answers. The second class watched parts of the film and made notes on it. They looked at filming techniques like tracking and panning and also the meanings of certain props. The year 10 class were learning about Shakespeare and so were my favourite class. They went through a powerpoint about the Globe theatre and then went to rehearse their Macbeth 'toil and trouble' witches speeches. We went outside to do the drama and I went over to some of the groups and listened to them and asked them questions like how they thought it could be presented on stage. On the way back to class two girls came over to me and asked if I know One Direction! Tanya and I then went for lunch in a place called Parnell. Lunch was sooo nice although I ate too much. We then went to pick up Sylvie from school and on our way back to Titirangi popped into the Paua and Greenstone factory in New Lynn that I had been wanting to go to. Tanya treated me to a gorgeous Paua watch while I bought some earings and a Maori face statue of a kind of spirity looking thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment