Saturday 28 January 2012


Barrenjoey lighthouse at Palm beach

lighthouse view of ocean and Pittwater

aborigine at circular quay

Add caption

botanical gardens

government house, bot gardens
Sunday 22nd Jan. Apologies for the serious lack of blogging but I haven't had wi fi and have been moving around so haven't been able to get on here. However I have managed to upload photos to previous blogs so have a look! The past two days I've been out with Hip and Rob. On friday we went to Palm beach and all around that northern area looking at beaches. We had lunch at a great place called the Boathouse and I had an amazing steak sandwich. It was 25 degrees and we walked up a steep climb to a lighthouse which I found a bit too much I must say. Saturday Rob took me to a play put on by the Sydney theatre company called A  History of Everything. It was a very unusual play I felt as I hadn't seen anything like it but I really enjoyed it as it went back in time focusing on major events. Today I went to the Rocks market which is by circular quay. Going around there were loads of different little stalls. Many were selling jewellery with freshwater pearls, others were selling digjary doos, boomerangs, hats and even kangaroo testicles. There was also lots of food and I brought a strawberry cupcake. I had to be disciplined at the market as there was so much I liked but so little room in my suitcase. I went grabbed a sandwich and went on to the botanical gardens. I sat under a tree and ate my lunch looking at a great view of the harbour. The strangest bird flew down beside me. It looked like a cartoon with the whites of its eyes being yellow. Have been quite homesick lately but hopefully it will get better.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment