Tuesday 17 January 2012


my own photo of zoo view


Wednesday 18th Jan. Leisurely morning waking up then went into Mosman and headed for Toronga Zoo. Was able to catch the bus which for me is quite an achievement as in England I always seem to miss them. A neighbour had lent me their guest pass which meant I got in for free rather than paying the $44. The Zoo looks out onto the harbour and has a spectacular view (see pic.) My main priority was to see the Koalas who were soooo cute, wrapped around trees sleeping. In the flesh they seem more podgy and remind me of old men. I then saw kangaroos in an open enclosure and there were lovely little babies so got some good pictures. There were also other australian animals like quokkas, platypuses, emus, wombats. Also saw a tasmanian devil (see pic) which was cool because I had no idea what they looked like. There were then the usual animals like bears, snow leopards, tigers, lions, elephants. Its been really hot here today, I think it was 28 degrees which for me is almost too hot. Have booked my bridge climb for tomorrow, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jodie,
    So glad that you had a safe trip and have now settled, it sounds like you are having a great time being out and about seeing the sights already, the pictures are really great, I want to give that small Black furry animal a cuddle (dont know what it is).....
    It has been very cold here, we are having to scrape the ice of the wind screens each morning, so you enjoy your 26 degrees.
    Keep the blog updated, love reading it and seeing the great pictures. love from jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete