Sunday 29 January 2012






Friday 27th Jan. Jonathan was back at work today so Maddie took me to get a croissant for breakfast at this great bakery. We then went and did a walk around Bondi beach right along the coast which went over to Tamarama and Bronte beach. We only went to Tamarama but it was a really lovely the walk. I found it funny how a cemetery had prime real estate position above Bronte beach looking out over the ocean. We then went to look around Jonathan's offices. They were really cool and as we walked in there was a bike attached to the wall. They also have a white room for meetings and I liked how when any employee goes abroad they have to bring back a snow globe, they have quite a collection.  We then went to lunch in a nice place in Paddington. Afterwards Jonathan returned to work and Maddie and I went into the city. She showed me around the QVB which is a gorgeous old Victorian shopping arcade. I wanted to do the Sydney tower but Maddie wasn't up for it so I went up while she got a massage! The tower experience started with a short 4d movie which we wore the special glasses for. The movie basically was different views of Sydney. We actually got splashed with water as it zoomed in on someone surfing. It also went under water with jelly fish and bubbles came out of the screen. The film then zoomed in on a shark and I had to take my glasses off! After the film we went up in a small lift, group by group, to the observation deck. Although it wasn't a really clear day it was still a great view and I didn't feel at all worried by being up so high. I took lots of pictures and came back down to find Maddie who then showed me the Ivy Pool club which is like a very high market bar. In the evening Hip and Rob came over with my stuff and we went to North Bondi Italian. I had something which resembled fish and chips which was really good, although I was joking with Jonathan that nobody does it better than the English. After a really fun night, Hip and Rob left and we went back to Jonathan's to tease him about being nasty on Australia's next top model.

No comments:

Post a Comment