Sunday 29 January 2012

circular quay

doyles, ferry and harbour bridge


north and south head - harbour entrance

fort denison
Wednesday 25th Jan. Having had a great time at Tom and Marie's I took the ferry back to Mosman (where Hip lives) to take back my stuff. I then quickly headed out getting the ferry to circular quay as I had booked a Captain cook coffee cruise. This cruise basically takes you all around the harbour and tells you bits about the homes and bays. The weather was terrible but it was still good and I saw a lot. I learnt that Sydney harbour is the biggest natural harbour in the world and has 66 bays. I've got to know the harbour quite well so knew the areas like Kirribilli and Rose bay but it was cool to learn more things about them. I also found out that a few years ago a navy diver was swimming off Rose bay and was attacked by a bull shark and lost a leg! We went past a nudist beach and despite the rain caught a man sat on the rocks which is apparently where they hang out.  The water was very choppy around the entrance to the harbour and we saw a Manley ferry getting soaked. The cruise was 2hrs and so after we'd been around the main harbour we headed out to the other side of the bridge and I got to see the fish markets and Anzac bridge. I would recommend a harbour cruise to anyone going to Sydney and although it was a very rainy day I still enjoyed it. Later, Jonathan came over for tea to take me back to his. After a couple of attempts by Hip and Jonathan, it was found that my suitcase would not fit in his Porsche so I had to pack a smaller bag with Hip and Rob bringing over my bag on friday. We then left to pick up Maddie (Jonathan's fiancee) from the airport as she had come back from Melbourne after visiting her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment